This course is aimed at individuals working in the electrical industry who wish to gain low voltage switchboard rescue and resuscitation skills for their workplace. The course is specifically designed for participants requiring qualifications as Safety Observers for live low voltage switchboard work. A person completing this course is able to conduct a Low Voltage Rescue of a victim and carry out Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
4 – 6 hours (full course)
On successfully completing the training and assessment, participants will obtain a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in the following units of competency:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- CPR – 1 year
- Low voltage – 1 year
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Trade Assistants
- Apprentices (after qualifying period)
- Participants will need to provide their existing Unique Student Identifier (USI) or create one at www.usi.gov.au .
- Participants wishing to undertake this course must have a suitable level of health and fitness. The course will require participants to demonstrate a minimum of 2 minutes of CPR on a resuscitation manikin placed on floor level and a variety of practical skills including placing simulated casualties into safe positions (assisting to sit down, rolling unconscious casualty into a stable position on their side).
- Participants will also be required to communicate verbally with those simulating casualties, bystander or emergency services personnel during their practical tasks.
- Participants will need to complete theory and practical assessments.
- Anyone who is unsure of their suitability to undertake the courses should contact the RTO to discuss their individual circumstances prior to enrolling.
What to Bring
- Participants need to come suitably dressed for practical activities which will require movement between sitting, standing and floor level. Comfortable clothing (pants/trousers recommended over skirts/dresses) and enclosed footwear is required for all courses.
- Participants are to bring a blue/black ink pen for completing written assessment tasks, a notebook is also recommended for those wishing to take their own notes during instruction.
- Participants attending courses will need to bring their own food and drinks as this is not included in the RTO’s course fees.
Full Course – $80
For groups of 10 or more, contact ALAQ and we can put together a tailored package that suits you, your workplace and your budget.
The skills and knowledge described in this unit may require a licence/registration to practice in the work place subject to regulations for undertaking of electrical work.
Practice in workplace and during training is also subject to regulations directly related to Occupational Health and Safety, electricity/telecommunications/gas/water industry safety and compliance, environmental protection, anti discrimination and training. Commonwealth, State/Territory or Local Government legislation and regulations may exist that limits the age of operating certain equipment.
PREPARE TO PERFORM RESCUE PROCEDURES FROM LIVE LV PANEL
- Instruction in hazards and risk control measures for specific work functions and work areas are identified and obtained (this includes the risk assessment and control measures taken by the individual performing the rescue)
- Electricity isolation point is identified and labelled where appropriate
- Tools and emergency equipment are checked for safety, functionality and placed in an accessible location to facilitate response and rescue according to established procedures
CARRY OUT RESCUE FROM LIVE LV PANEL
- Workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risk are followed
- Workplace procedures for accessing and isolating the LV panel and removing the victim, where necessary, from contact with live apparatus are followed
- Workplace procedures for applying CPR if required at the site and gaining access to treatment by a medical professional if necessary are followed
- The work-site is secured and entry controlled until appropriate authorities inspect and release the site
COMPLETE THE LV PANEL RESCUE PROCEDURE
Processes for reporting accidents and/or incidents to authorised personnel are confirmed in accordance with established procedures.
Download your ALAQ Participant Handbook here.