The course is aimed at individuals working in the electrical industry who wish to gain low voltage switch board rescue and resuscitation skills and knowledge for their workplace.
The course is specifically designed for participants requiring qualifications as Safety Observers for live low voltage switchboard work.
A person completing this course is able to conduct a Low Voltage Rescue of a casualty and carry our CPR.
4 – 6 hours (full course)
On successfully completing the training and assessment, participants will obtain a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- UETTDRRF06 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
NOTE: This unit of competency has a requirement that the participants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2min of CPR on a manikin placed on the floor as part of the assessment.
- LVR – 12 monthly
- CPR -12 monthly
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Trade Assistants
For groups of 10 or more, contact ALAQ and we can put together a tailored package that suits you, your workplace and your budget.
PREPARE TO PERFORM RESCUE PROCEDURES FROM LIVE LV PANEL
- Instruction in hazards and risk control measures for specific work functions and work areas are identified and obtained
- Electricity isolation point is identified and labelled, where appropriate
- Tools and emergency equipment are checked for safety, functionality and placed in an accessible location to facilitate response and rescue according to established procedures
CARRY OUT RESCUE FROM LIVE LV PANEL
- Workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risk are followed
- Workplace procedures for accessing and isolating the LV panel and removing the victim, where necessary, from contact with live apparatus are followed
- Workplace procedures for applying cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), if required at the site, and gaining access to treatment by a medical professional, if necessary, are followed
- The worksite is secured and entry controlled until appropriate authorities inspect and release the site
COMPLETE THE LV PANEL RESCUE PROCEDURE
- Processes for reporting accidents and/or incidents to authorised personnel are confirmed in accordance with established procedures
RESPOND TO AN EMERGENCY SITUATION
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for (CPR)
- Seek assistance from emergency services
PERFORM CPR PROCEDURES
- Perform CPR
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions
COMMUNICATE DETAILS OF THE INCIDENT
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
REVIEW THE INCIDENT
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
Download your ALAQ Participant Handbook here.