This course is aimed at individuals working in the electrical industry who wish to gain low voltage switchboard rescue and resuscitation skills for their workplace. The course is specifically designed for participants requiring qualifications as Safety Observers for live low voltage switchboard work. A person completing this course is able to conduct a Low Voltage Rescue of a victim and carry out Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
4 – 6 hours (full course)
On successfully completing the training and assessment, participants will obtain a nationally accredited Statement of Attainment in the following units of competency:
- UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- CPR 12 monthly
- Low voltage 12 monthly
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Trade Assistants
- Apprentices (after qualifying period)
Full Course – $80
For groups of 10 or more, contact ALAQ and we can put together a tailored package that suits you, your workplace and your budget.
The skills and knowledge described in this unit may require a licence/registration to practice in the work place subject to regulations for undertaking of electrical work.
Practice in workplace and during training is also subject to regulations directly related to Occupational Health and Safety, electricity/telecommunications/gas/water industry safety and compliance, environmental protection, anti discrimination and training. Commonwealth, State/Territory or Local Government legislation and regulations may exist that limits the age of operating certain equipment.
PREPARE TO PERFORM RESCUE PROCEDURES FROM LIVE LV PANEL
- Instruction in hazards and risk control measures for specific work functions and work areas are identified and obtained (this includes the risk assessment and control measures taken by the individual performing the rescue)
- Electricity isolation point is identified and labelled where appropriate
- Tools and emergency equipment are checked for safety, functionality and placed in an accessible location to facilitate response and rescue according to established procedures
CARRY OUT RESCUE FROM LIVE LV PANEL
- Workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risk are followed
- Workplace procedures for accessing and isolating the LV panel and removing the victim, where necessary, from contact with live apparatus are followed
- Workplace procedures for applying CPR if required at the site and gaining access to treatment by a medical professional if necessary are followed
- The work-site is secured and entry controlled until appropriate authorities inspect and release the site
COMPLETE THE LV PANEL RESCUE PROCEDURE
Processes for reporting accidents and/or incidents to authorised personnel are confirmed in accordance with established procedures.